20 February 2009

Valentines Weekend

Jay and I got so lucky this year. We got to have a weekend away together and it happened to fall on Valentine's weekend. We just got a hotel in Scottsdale. It was nice because we didn't have to drive far and it was just so relaxing. Friday night we didn't get there until late so we just hung out in the room and watched a movie on HBO. On Saturday we got up late and had breakfast at Village Inn. It was delicious! Then we ventured to down town Phoenix to go to the Science Center. We had a good time there. The Star Trek exhibit was there and that was kind of fun to see. The only lame part was that we weren't allowed to take any pictures. We think the whole thing was overpriced but it gave us something to do and we had a good time just being together.This thing was gross. It had little drawers you open and it showed you what kind of parasites you can get on that part of your body. Nasty! Another lovely thing. A real visual of the digestive tract. These were actually someones insides. I couldn't resist taking a picture and sharing with you all. I can't believe these were someones intestines and stuff. Anyone for lunch???!!! I'm gross. I know. Sorry.Jay working on some plans for a house. Maybe he can draw up plans for my dream home! Trying to figure out this pipework. It was not successful. My new friend. I call her the house building lady. She was such a nice lady! :) This was kind of cool. It was fun to sit and watch people play with it. This one dad was doing all sorts of fun things with his little boy. This earth thing was way cool. Doesn't it look like it's just floating there? It was some sort of digital something or other. It was cool.There was this GIANT map on the wall at the Science Center. Jay is pointing to exactly where out hotel was. We thought it was kind of cool.

Valentine's dinner was about as romantic as it gets. :) We ordered some pork ribs from this drive thru place by the hotel and took them back to the room to eat. It sounds lame but they were some YUMMY ribs and we paid for a hotel so we figured we might as well spend as much time as we could in the room. That was about what we did. We actually exchanged gifts on Friday night after midnight because we didn't want to wait. I was so shocked and excited to see what Jay got me. I have been wanting a laptop for forever and he found an awesome deal on one. It was such an awesome gift. I couldn't believe it. I have such an awesome husband! His gift from me seemed to pale in comparison. I just got him a bag full of some of his favorite things. Some dice and characters for his gaming, Hershey dark chocolate bar, flaming hot munchie mix, Starburst jellybeans, a computer game, and the best was a picture frame I made for him. It turned out so cute and I was very proud. Of course I put a picture of me in it since I must be his VERY FAVORITE thing. Yummy ribs!!!!!My awesome computer. It looks almost exactly like this one. The only difference is mine is all black on the inside. Way awesome!!! My picture frame that I am so proud of. I think it turned out so cute. It is wood and I painted it white on the front. Then I used a stamp and did all the flowers. I added the couple other little things and that was that. I really think it's cute. I am proud of it if you can't tell.


It really was such an awesome weekend and of course it ended too quickly. I love Jay so much. The weekend was great because it gave us a chance to reconnect and get closer to each other. We tend to get so caught up in our lives at home that I think time for each other isn't always the top priority. All we had this weekend was time for each other without any distractions. It really was so awesome. I love Jay more and my feelings for him are stronger than they were before we went. He truly is my best friend and the love of my life. I wouldn't want anyone but him and I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. I love you Jay!!!
Of course, thank you Mom and Dad for watching the kids and for the $. We really appreciate you guys letting us have this weekend. You guys are great!

2 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Some people find the strangest things interesting.

John and Becky Bowler said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. :)