I was a nice mom today and I went in the backyard to hang out with the kids. They played in the dirt and I pushed them in their swings. Then they had fun pushing each other around in the big dump truck. I absolutely LOVE my kids but I do find that I have to really be conscious of spending quality time with them. I always have fun with them but it takes me some real thought to do stuff with them. It's not that I don't enjoy it because I really do. I just am one that feels like there is always something I should be getting done (cleaning, laundry, finish projects, working on primary stuff.......). So often I feel guilty at the end of the day because I don't feel like I did enough with Zoey and Noah. I really do have to be conscious of how I spend my time and I am trying to be better about letting things go so I can spend more time having fun with my kids.


5 comments:
You are a good mommy - even if you think you aren't sometimes! Look how happy those cute kiddos are!
Actually, you're a GREAT mommy!
Thanks sis! You know how we can all be sometimes. All too critical of ourselves. I appreciate the compliment though. Thank you!
LAUNDREY...SMAUNDRY! I HATE HOUSEWORK AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS! :) The family that PLAYS together... STAYS Together... or is that PRAYS? Whatever Ali.. you have the CUTEST AND THE NICEST KIDS... I am very impressed at the way you are raising your little ones.. YOU do have a GREAT example in your parents!:)
Teach them to play TENNIS!
Kids grow up too fast. I know we all have other things to do but the memories we make sustain us in the tough times.
Post a Comment