15 August 2009

A Cabin in the Mountains

A couple weekends ago we had the chance to stay in a cabin up on Mt. Lemmon. It was a cute little cabin not quite up as far as Summerhaven. It was a nice little place to stay. I think the best part definitely had to be the weather. The days were not uncomfortably hot and the evenings and nights were BEAUTIFUL. It was chilly and amazing at night. I loved it. It was a nice way to get away and spend time with family just chatting and playing games. It brought back memories from when we were little too. My grandparents had a cabin in New Mexico when we were little. Every summer all the grandkids got to take turns going up and staying a while with them. I don't remember it as well as my siblings do but I do have my few memories of it. It was a special treat and I always loved getting to be up there with Grammy and Pop. It was great to get to take Zoey and Noah to stay in a cabin for the weekend. I hope they have many more opportunities to do so. I know it is one of my favorite childhood memories and I hope they are able to make many similar memories. It was a great weekend, surrounded by family, enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather of Mt. Lemmon.

5 comments:

Dunklees said...

Looks like fun! I think it's hilarious that the furniture looks like the stuff we had in Cloudcroft!

Alison said...

That's because it was probably all bought in the same time period.

Sharron said...

LOL you got some great pictures! glad you had some cooler fun with the family. I LOVE Mexican train!

Mary Jane said...

It was a really nice weekend. I would do it again. I really miss the cabin in Cloudcroft sometimes although it wasn't the same after it was remodeled. Maybe near the beach next time however, I do like the short drive up the mountain. And having Pam as part of the family was fun too. By the way the food was YUMMY!

Mary Jane said...

Actually, I prefer the call the 'sleeping beauties" the sleeping beasties.