I did this a couple weeks ago but I just haven't blogged about it yet. My parents have been working on getting the front and back yards cleaned up and looking nicer. I wasn't sure what I could contribute in the front yard and then I got some crazy idea in my head. I thought I would make the little path of rocks look neater. I started moving things around and before I knew it the project got bigger than anticipated. I ended up clearing all the rocks in the area and then had empty space. My mom suggested using the bricks we had lying around in the back. So came Ali's red brick road. It's kind of nice to have and it is on it's way to looking better. It was quite a task though. Glad it's something I started in this weather rather than the summer. It's not a completed project yet but it will get there.
You can see my little helper there in the background. He did a lot of shoveling and raking. Thanks Noah!

This is the look of it in progress. The little dirt path was all rock like the area below still is.

I cleared the rock all the way to the street and filled in with brick almost that far.

The finished brick. I still have to get the area around it done but all the brick is laid. Hopefully there will be some pictures of the completed yard very soon.
2 comments:
Wow sister! Nice job! Rick is totally impressed with your landscaping abilities. He did mention he was a bit concerned about the help - he is making at least minimum wage right?
I paid him well! :) NOT! I will give no credit to anyone but me. It was all the work of my own 2 hands. I sure need to finish it up though.
Post a Comment