22 December 2008

They Do Get Along

I struggle sometimes right now to not go crazy with my kids. They seem to fight so much. Noah knows how to push Zoey's buttons and it gets her every time. Zoey, in turn, is mean sometimes and hits. They just really know how to get to each other and they do it a lot these days. I have been trying to make an effort to really recognize and commend them when they are playing well. I have been more aware of it the last few days and I do see that they really do like each other and they can get along if they want to. I love to capture those moments and really soak them up. I hope that as I do that I can be a little more patient when they are being more difficult. I cherish the times they spend together laughing and playing and having a good time. They really are sweet kids but they are both stubborn and independent. They both like things to go their way and neither often will relent. I wanted to post a couple pictures I have captured over the past few days of them playing together. I really do love these moments and I hope as they get older they will get closer and grow to enjoy each other more. They are crazy kiddos but I love them! The other night they got out the Pet Shop and Polly Pocket toys. They each had their place and they played well together as they watched Christmas movies on TV.Jay called me into the bathroom the other night to see the kids. They were both blowing bubbles in the water and they thought they were so funny. Bath time together often ends up with Noah in tears and wanting to get out. This night though they had a blast. (It ended with a dripping wet bathmat and 3 large towels soaking up all the water off the floor though)Today I heard Zoey explaining the computer to Noah. She was showing him how to use the mouse and pointing where to click on the Blues Clues game. She was so patient with him and he was very cooperative. It was so cute to listen to Zoey teach him.

2 comments:

Dunklees said...

They're so cute and so BIG! Hope you have tons of fun with them the next couple of days! Are you guys still having Mexican food for Christmas Eve?

Alison said...

They are cute kids! We are so excited for Christmas with them this year, especially Zoey. She really gets it this year and has been very aware of how many days left until the big day. And of course we are still do Mexican for Christmas Eve. It's tradition!