We have started a family tradition this winter. As I have Tuesdays off from work and school, we started going out and doing something different with the kids. This past month we have settled on going out to lunch on Tuesdays.
There is this cool little Chinese restaurant near our house. They serve Chinese and Thai food, and have a sushi bar. We discovered it a few months ago and had gone a few times, and really like their food. Not long after that we saw that they have very cool lunch specials. We are now addicted to them.
Naturally our kids don't really dig it as much. We used to try and get them lo mein, but it was largely a waste. Today Zoey said "Not this place again!" when we walked in. We have to bribe them with promises of chicken nuggets on the way home.
After some experimenting we have even settled into our own little food rut. Alison almost always gets the Mongolian Beef:
It looks a lot like that. I use what I have folks, I'm not taking camera phone pictures of my lunch. Maybe next week. I usually get the Red Curry, with chicken:
It looks almost exactly like that, even down to the rice lump. Sometimes we get some Sushi. Last week we got the Silverbell Roll (the place is on Silverbell road, how clever!) which is like the Spicy Tuna roll, but it has yellow tail and a few other fishes mixed in. I liked it more than Ali did. We tried one of their specials today, it was the Spicy Salmon roll and some California rolls:
I can't eat sushi that tastes like fish, and between the seaweed and the krab I had a tough time with these, but the spicy rolls were pretty good. Noah didn't insist on trying the wasabi this time, either. He has the fireproof mouth of his grandfather.The best part about this place is our lunch is usually between 10 and 15 dollars, comes with the soup and egg rolls and stuff, and we always have leftovers. I have leftover curry sitting in the fridge right now taunting me with it's. . .nature. I can't describe how it is, maybe Ali will try.
A nice cheap family tradition. Visit us and we will show you...
Jay
2 comments:
Yummy! What place is this?
It is Chinese Combo. Like the one across from Northwest, but newer and with a bigger menu. Silverbell and Cortaro.
Post a Comment