12 December 2008

A Day of Work

So today was the first day in a long time that I had a "work" day. I guess it wasn't like normal work but I did have to set the alarm, get up and I was there all day. My mom's office was having a party for all of the tenants of the building they manage. I think the estimated number was somewhere near 400. I went out there to help with the setting up and to help her boss out selling jewelry. It was really nice to have a change of pace from my same routine life everyday. It was a long, hard day though.

I just had to say that I really do have a new found respect for people who raise children and work. I had to get both the kids up this morning and dressed and get myself out the door. I was gone all day, Zoey was with me, and then still had to take care of Noah when I got home. It really is a lot of work. It's very exhausting work. I just really give a hand to single parents or those where both parents work. I just can't imagine doing this every day. I rarely get a good nights sleep and I always do all my housework and stuff during the week while I am home. I just can't imagine how crazy my life would be if I was trying to keep up with kids, housework, sleep, and working full time. I really am grateful that I have always been able to be a stay at home mom. I know I am blessed. I really can't imagine leaving my kids everyday either. They sure can test my patience, and sometimes I can't get away from them soon enough, but it would be hard to leave them. Being away from Noah all day made me miss him. It would really stink to miss out on the things that I get to see because I am around them all the time. I love Zoey and Noah and I am so glad I get to be with them every day.

I have a different respect for my husband too. He will go to school or work all day and he is always willing to help me with the kids when he gets home. When I've had a long day and am at my wits end with the kids, he steps up and helps me out. I didn't realize until today what a challenge that must be sometimes. He does it though and he rarely seems put out or bugged that I want or need his help. He's a good husband and a good dad. I really don't know what I would do without him. Thank you Jay for all you do for us and for helping keep me sane. I love you!

I just had to share my thoughts on this. It may seem weird to some that one day like this provoked so much thought for me. I haven't had many days away from mommyhood since I have been a mom though so today just really made me think. So good job to all those out there who have crazy days, with school or work or both and who still keep a house running and kids happy. I applaud you and admire you. And of course thank you to my mom who does work every day, and still always helps out with the kids. And of course thank you again to my hubby for all the help you lend me.

No comments: