14 September 2010

5 Months Old

Today Olivia turned 5 months. She is as cute as ever and her smile just makes me want to squeeze her. Here are a few things about Olivia at 5 months:

- 12 lbs. 15 oz.
- 25 1/4 in. long (those are 4 month checkup stats)
- holds her head up really well while sitting up or during tummy time
- rolls from her belly to her back
- moves from one place to another somehow with all her squirming and worming
- by far our most fussy baby
- loves her jumperoo
- currently working on drinking bottles and formula
- the lightest sleeping baby during the day, she typically won't sleep for more than an hour at a time during the day if even that long
- still a really great sleeper at night
- loves baths and cries when I get her out and put her jammies on
- has discovered her toes and loves to hold them
- loves her vibrating bird toy that's on her car seat
- will grab onto anything that touches her hand and then it goes to her mouth

There is so much more to tell but there always is. We love this little lady so much. Her big brother and sister still think the world of her too, even 5 months later. Olivia watches everything they do and is often very entertained by them. I am so grateful to have a baby around again. There's just a different feeling in the atmosphere with babies around and I am thrilled to have that feeling in our home. I just love this little baby girl to pieces and I can't imagine her not being here. She is growing quickly and though I wish I could slow time sometimes I very much am enjoying her as she gets bigger. Life is good as the mommy of Olivia. Happy 5 months baby girl!

5 comments:

dhillman said...

those are the cutest pictures of her. i don't see how she can get more adorable but she just keeps doing it

Alison said...

Ahhh, thanks Danette!

Mary Jane said...

Happy 5 months old Miss Olivia. You are just too darn cute/lovable.

maia said...

yay! pictures! i was always looking on fb for updated photos so i'm glad to see these! she's sooooo stinking adorable and i wish i could see her more in person. :/ i miss the mckinlays!

Dunklees said...

Gosh, she's the cutest little thing! Love her smile - it takes over her whole face!