04 August 2014

4th of July - 2014

I decided to give up on any real catch up. If I do that, I will never blog. So, I am starting fresh and I will just cover summer fun and go from there.

We were so lucky to get to have nephew/cousin David around for a few weeks this summer. I am grateful he was here and helped my kids have a more fun summer than they would have. I had school all but the last week of their summer break. That was lame but having David around made things better. We had a blast on the 4th and David had us laughing a lot.
  Looks like Grandpa is running the torch.
 Jay couldn't get sparklers lit fast enough.
 David decided early on that we were going to reenact Harry Potter scenes. He is preparing for a duel here. 
 Wizard David. Ha ha!
 The kids loved the sparklers.
 Chillin' in the van, waiting for fireworks.
 David and Olivia have been besties since she was a baby. They picked up right where they left off. It is pretty cute. 
 If you look close, you can see everyone in this picture.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The pictures are a great reminder of one of many days that was better just because he was around! Makes me smile just looking at them and remembering.

Mary Jane said...

Great summer - great family.