01 December 2009

Zoey the Reader

I am so proud of our little Zoey and how much she has learned. I have never put her in preschool or done any sort of preschool at home with her. I know I have had a hand in teaching her the things she has learned but I really don't feel like I have done much. Zoey is such a self motivator and she has such a strong desire to learn and do new things. We are so proud of all she has accomplished. Her most recent stepping stone has been learning to read. She read her first book about a week ago. I consider it her first one, I only had to help her with a handful of words in the whole book. Dr. Seuss's Hop on Pop will be her official first read book. I was so amazed when she sat down with it and went to town. She is such a smart kid and I am so proud of her. Way to go Zoey! I hope you never loose your desire and love of learning.
One of the first things Zoey did when Grandma Kinney got here was read her Hop on Pop.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

Oh Zoey, how exciting! Learning to read opens a whole new world to you . . enjoy it every chance you get to!!

Mary Jane said...

One of my favorite people in the whole world and such a darling, sweet girl and very smart too.