05 October 2012

8th Birthday Part II

Our first baby turned 8 today. I know everyone says it but where has the time gone? Zoey is awesome. She is a good big sister and a good friend. She is an amazing student and a good example to all those she interacts with. Of course she isn't perfect and gives us plenty of problems at home but, she really is a good kid. We are so excited for her to get baptized soon. We love Zoey so much and can't imagine life without her. We are incredibly grateful to have her and feel blessed to be her parents. 

Snapped this real quick before school. It was a short day, lucky girl. Not only that but she was recognized and celebrated being student of the month too.
 My goal is to be better about snapping a few pictures of my kids on their birthday. That way I at least have a few decent shots of them once a year. Heaven knows I don't have the money to pay someone else to do it.
 This is one of my favorites.
 The only thing was I could have chosen a better time of day. It was really bright and even in the shade she had to squint a little. I think they turned out pretty good considering.
 I love this one too but she couldn't help but squint.
Zoey's birthday dinner request. Bowtie pasta with homemade alfredo sauce, chicken, and broccoli. Garlic bread and pears with lite whipped topping.
After dinner we jaunted over to the park and enjoyed the sunset and played for just a bit until it got too dark. 
 Finally we ended the night with a traditional singing of "Happy Birthday to You" with candles stuck in a Hostess cupcake. Yup, there's 8 in the cupcake. Like I've said before, that's how we roll.
 I love the sweet little grin on her face here.
 Happy 8th Birthday to our beautiful daughter!

1 comment:

John and Becky Bowler said...

I saw the pics on FB. Super cute! It's crazy that she's 8. Sounds like she had a fun party. :)