10 July 2009

4th of July

All I can say is that this was maybe the best 4th of July I can remember. The parade was awesome and lots of fun just sitting on the side of the road with family. The quiet afternoon while everyone napped was much needed. The dinner at Gauchay's house was so yummy. The fireworks from the balcony at Grandma Kinney's work were amazing. What a great 4th of July!

I am just so beyond grateful to live in this country. I know it has many things wrong with it but I know I am so much more blessed than so many others in the world. I am thankful to get to be who I want to be and to live my religion freely. I have all the respect in the world for those who made this life possible for me. My heart goes out to all those families with soldiers who are not with them due to deployment, death, or whatever it may be that keeps them away. I can't imagine what it is like and I will forever be grateful for what the great soldiers of the past and present have done for my country. I truly am Proud to Be an American!
(click on the collages to see them bigger and read the captions)









3 comments:

Dunklees said...

Love the collages! Looks like an awesome parade!

Tracy said...

What a fun trip. Thanks for posting all the parade pictures. I lived through you! And what fun for your kids to get their faces painted, I love it. Looks like you had tons of fun on your trip!

Mary Jane said...

I love parades! And the 4th of July is one of my favorite times. Great pictues and even some of mommy and daddy. I am glad there were so many fun things for Noah and Zoey.